CZ – Kaprálův mlýn Scout Environmental Education Centre
Junák – český skaut, z. s.
Junák – český skaut, Kaprálův mlýn, z. s.
Ochoz u Brna 235, 664 02, Czech republic
Phone: +420 544 212 993
The mission of the Kapraluv mlyn Scout Environmental Education Centre is to enable first-hand experience of children and youth with the natural world. Surroundings of Kapraluv mlyn are unique textbook of natural history awaiting to win hearts of young readers. The centre underwent complete reconstruction in 2011-12 leading to a model eco-friendly building (low-energy construction standard, solar panels, heat pump, recuperation of wastewater and air). The capacity of Kapraluv mlyn is 61 beds + campgrounds (100 – 120 scouts). Kaprálův mlýn is Scout Centre of Excellence for Nature and Environment (SCENES), member of the Goose Network and holder of the Moravian karst regional product brand for accommodation services.
There are both professional staff and long-term volunteers working whole year around, short-term volunteers can join our team in summer.
We are looking for young people who would like to work and meet people from different cultures, explore the Czech republic and share their skills to the benefit of the centre.
We search for volunteers who:
- speak and understand English,
- can volunteer for at least two weeks during the summer,
- work 5 days/week,
- be positive, hard-working, and friendly!
- operation and development of the centre,
- helping providing programmes (e.g. caving),
- work in the garden and campsite,
- help in the kitchen, cleaning,
- guests-care and info-shop shifts,
- nature conservation projects,
- enjoying summer time in the community of international volunteers and scout camping at Kaprálův mlýn.
We provide accommodation at the centre and meals (three times a day).