The European Scout Voluntary Programme (ESVP), is open to all young people aged between 18 and 30 who are members of any recognised WOSM member association.
Throughout this page you’ll access the initial information about the staff programme offered by the participating sites. However, it is then up to you to contact the sites for more specific information, and then to complete the relevant application process for the chosen site.
All participants from the European Region and from Boy Scouts of America are eligible to receive travel support for taking part in ESVP.
Have a look at the different centres available through the programme:
UK - Buddens Adventure Centre
Located in the heart of the beautiful and historic district of Purbeck, Buddens boasts 95 acres of varied countryside, heath, woodland, water meadows and plantations. With a variety of campsites, each with a different character, and a wide range of programmes catering for all groups, there is something for everyone. Centre website
UK - Fordell Firs Adventure Centre
If you’re looking to get away from it all without straying too far off the beaten track, Scout Adventures Fordell Firs is the ideal destination. Centre website
UK - Lochgoilhead Adventure Centre
Based in the Loch Lomond and Trossachs National Park, Scout Adventures is the perfect base for the complete adventure package. Located close to Loch Goil and Argyll Forest Park, Lochgoilhead offers an exceptional natural setting for high-quality outdoor learning in hill, forest and water environments. Delivered by an experienced team of instructors, our residentials for schools, Scouts, and other youth groups offer challenging educational experiences for young people of all ages and abilities. Centre website
UK - Woodhouse Park Adventure Centre
Woodhouse Park is set in peaceful countryside on the outskirts of Bristol, and is the perfect base for exploring the Cotswold and Mendip Hills, and nearby Wales. The centre offers a wide variety of traditional outdoor activities including hiking and orienteering, as well as archery, rifle shooting and a tricky obstacle course. Centre website
UK - Youlbury Adventure Centre
Youlbury is located in 42 acres of rural woodland, just outside the famous university town of Oxford. Many of the centre’s facilities and activities have been recently renovated - Youlbury boasts a brand new lodge to mark the centenary of the site in 2013, and a new outdoor climbing and abseil tower. Centre website
UK - Hawkhirst Adventure Centre
Hawkhirst is located in Kielder, Northumberland. Situated on the edge of Kielder Water, the centre is the ideal base for a wide range of watersports, including kayaking, sailing and raft-building. Centre Website
UK - Gilwell Park Adventure Centre
Close to London but with the tranquillity of a woodland location, Gilwell Park is famous throughout the world for its Scouting heritage, beautiful setting and stunning range of activities. With modern lodges, plenty of open camping space and spectacular views of the capital, we have 108 acres are available for fun and adventure and for young people to experience the freedom of the outdoors. Centre Website
UK - Downe Adventure Centre
Just 16 miles from London, Downe in rural Kent offers 86 acres of adventurous and traditional outdoor activities. Near the historic home of Charles Darwin, there’s no better place to get close to nature. And with both modern lodges and a choice selection camping we can welcome visitors all the year round. Centre website
UK - Great Tower Adventure Centre
Set in the heart of the Lake District, on the shores of Windermere, Great Tower is one of our most stunning locations. Discover, explore and be inspired by our 250 acres of woodland and rocky-crags perfect for hiking as well as being in England’s largest National Park. The Lake District is home to Scafell Pike (England's highest Mountain), Wast Water (England's deepest lake) and thriving communities like Keswick and Ambleside. Centre website
RO - Nocrich Scout Centre
The Nocrich Scout Centre means: the parish house build between 1796 and1798; a building with 3 rooms – a large shed used for workshops, storage, garage, etc. and 2 rooms connected; a large yard and an orchard of about 1 hectare. The Centre offers a wide range of educational activities: activities for half a day, a full day or a weekend with any theme organised by Scouts or by yourselves; Low ropes and high ropes activities in the shed; Specific events: trainings, sporting events, team-buildings, etc; Camps in every season with any age group. Centre website
ESVP only centre
Take also in consideration the criteria for enrolling in the ESVP programme:
• the scheme is confined to participants coming from countries within the European Scout Region or to participants from the Boy Scouts of America under a special programme
• each European participant will benefit from a fixed amount of EUR 100 as support for her/his travel to the centre.
• the sum for reimbursements will be sent to the centre, latest by the 31 July. It is the responsibility of the centre to distribute the support to its staff.
• there will be no need for copies of the travel documents for the European participants.
• members of Boy Scouts of America (with whom the European Region has a special agreement) will continue to receive a rebate of travel costs based on a percentage of their travel costs – effected through the centre (with a deadline of 31 July).
• BSA members will have to provide copies of their travel documents, ensuring that the price is in it.
• there is only one form to be filled and this will be done by the Centre.
• the deadline for filling the form is 30 May.
• If you are a centre manager, want to submit a volunteer and don’t have the link to the form, please contact Raül Molina from the Europe Support Centre, Geneva.
* To know more about SCENES CENTRES click here