The European Scout Voluntary Programme (ESVP), is open to all young people aged between 18 and 30 who are members of any recognised WOSM member association worldwide.
Throughout this page you’ll access the initial information about the staff programme offered by the participating sites. However, it is then up to you to contact the sites for more specific information, and then to complete the relevant application process for the chosen site.
All participants are eligible to receive travel support for taking part in ESVP.
Have a look at the different centres available through the programme:
Take also in consideration the criteria for enrolling in the ESVP programme:
• the scheme is confined to participants coming from countries within the European Scout Region or to participants from the Boy Scouts of America under a special programme
• each European participant will benefit from a fixed amount of EUR 100 as support for her/his travel to the centre
• the sum for reimbursements will be sent to the centre, latest by the 30 June. It is the responsibility of the centre to distribute the support to its staff
• there will be no need for copies of the travel documents
• members of Boy Scouts of America (with whom the European Region has a special agreement) will continue to receive a rebate of travel costs based on an agreed amount – effected through the centre (with a deadline of 31 July)
• BSA members will have to provide copies of their travel documents
• there is only one form to be filled and this will be done by the Centre
• the deadline for filling the form is 15 May
• a link to the new online form to be filled by Scout Centres can be found in the “user menu” of registered users (if you are a Centre manager or member of the administration team dealing with ESVP – please register using the module in the top right corner of the site)
* To know more about SCENES CENTRES click here
3 stepsPREPARE FOR EUROPE
Your project is on-the-go and some more sources of information are always helpful in order go for the extra mile and take the best of it. Have a look at the resources available and don't forget to contact your scout association international team for more information and support.
Study, Work, Volunteering
Whether you are visiting a country, moving there for a couple of months (to study, work or volunteer), or living there already, a number of resources will show you where to start to find the information you need.
Where to go
Eager to travel but don’t know where to start? The following pages will help you learn more about this patchwork continent and beyond and explain you the best way to get there. Information on all the practicalities you need to be aware on a number of destinations is provided.
Tell the story
Had an amazing experience and thinking on how to share it? Some things you never though about may help other better preparing to go abroad? Contribute to our travel diary, everybody will want to read it.